Saturday, August 4, 2007

My mommy

It's been great! So far, my mother has been here for a week and three days. She's been a great help around the house. I didn't imagine to be this prepared before the baby's coming. We did a lot this week, mopped the floor, organized a few rooms, shopped at Target several times, made a few returns from the baby shower, and the list goes on. She also cooked for me and Philip yummy Filipino food, just like how I like the meals cooked. Today, Aug. 4th, I had a chance to sit down with my mother and learn a little more about her. I'll bullet point it for now, before I forget:

1976 - she moved to California, baby sat for Uncle Dante, and moved between San Luis Obispo and San Jose
1977 - She worked in Silicon Valley, assembly line, living at Uncle Dante's
1978 - moved to New York, sister Rebecca told her to come out for a job at Cornell University (laboratory), prayed that God would give her a job that would Him closer to her (in midst of decision making between PG&E & Cornell), denied at PG&E she moved to NYC and first day arrived went to a meeting of the ch in NYC with Rebecca
1979 - met daddy, really liked her job but followed the Lord to remain w/ dad at NC
Jan. 12th, 1980 - got married
1980 - Moved to North Carolina, worked for the state at a laboratory
1981 - I was born
1981 - moved to CA for citizenship, daddy went home to PI. Mom lived with Uncle Danny in Ocean, SF and met with saints in SF.
1982 - moved back to PI
Mom stayed at home to raise us while dad taught at UP.
1983 - Anna was born
1985 - Grace was born
to be cont.

No comments: